Orchid Experiment Number 2 – Day 4 of 30 in 30

Orchids

Now this was going pretty badly for a long while.     I thought I had a plan after
yesterday

 which was to keep the shadows from going too green and just use mainly cerulean.   Not much was going well but suddently something magical happened.   I was about to abandon ship and thought  ‘I’ll just put the darkest shadows in and see if that helps any’.  Oh boy did it help!   Everything suddenly started coming together and I ended up with something where I feel I’m getting somewhere.

Now – there’s still a way to go.   But phew!

Orchid Experiment – Day 3 of 30 in 30


So continuing on from yesterday’s trial of flowers on dark backgrounds I tried again.   After looking at some of
Jacqueline Gnott’s

 work I realized working wet in wet would be a lot more successful for the petals.    So I did that.    I also did two layers on the background to sharpen things up a bit more.  Frankly I’m not really sold on this method.     I may do another one before the month is up just to see if anything gels but I can’t see me going in this direction.